LOWELL NEEDS YOUR ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM!
We need enthusiastic, motivated Lowell family members to help with some important Lowell programs! If you can help, or you and your friends can help, let [email protected] know. If we all do a little, a lot can get done!
- PTA PRESIDENT Our Lowell kids get a private-school like education in part because of the efforts of our Lowell PTA. The PTA needs a president to lead its efforts for the 2019-2020 school year to ensure our amazing programs and events continue. As president you will:
- work closely with the Lowell principal, teachers and administration
- have a direct impact in shaping your child’s experience at Lowell next year and for years to come
- learn more about Lowell and your child’s day to day school life
- have the support of a team of a dozen dedicated Board members who have committed to help you
- Dining for Dollars (3 more dates in Winter/Spring 2019) – Do you like to make posters or fliers? This is the job for you! You contact local restaurants of your choice, like CPK, Simzy’s, George’s or your favorite, and choose 3 more dates next year. The restaurants already know how this works, so helping with DFD is about setting the dates and sharing the information with the Lowell community by making a flier and a few posters to publicize each event!
- Earth Day (April 18, 2019) – This is a one hour Earth Day celebration for our kids after school on the Playground, with face painting, stickers/stamps, activities and green popsicles. The kids love it – they have fun and learn about the environment at the same time. We need someone or a group of friends to run it this year.
- Jog-a Thon (Fall, 2019) – Grab some friends to lead this fun event that our Sea Stars look forward to all year! Jog-a-Thon chairs, with the help of their committee and classroom parents, will plan and run a fun half-day of jogging for our kids, design and manage Jog-a-Thon shirt orders and pull together a fun post-Jog-a-Thon event for the kids. Jog-a-Thon is Lowell’s biggest fundraiser and without the money it raises, we can’t keep many of the great Lowell programs our Sea Stars enjoy. Jog-a-Thon usually has a small group of key leaders that take on a different piece of the event — so let us know if you can help!
- Logowear (ongoing throughout the school year)– Do you want to help out but need to do most of your help after work? This is the job for you. We need someone to manage the sales and delivery of Lowell “Logowear” — the t-shirts, sweatshirts and other official everyday clothing with Lowell logos or Lowell’s name on them. This is all about getting the logowear ordered before the end of the summer, keeping track of inventory and reordering as needed, and organizing the purchased logowear for classroom delivery. All sales are via the Sea Star Store online, so you don’t need to manage the money.