Use the arts to share your personal Reflections on this year’s theme: HEROES AROUND ME
“Heroes Around Me” is the theme for the 2018-19 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired.
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork.
- Experience the fun and joy of making art.
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme.
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING!
Use the following guidelines and official program rules to enter. Submissions are due to the Reflections Chair by October 15, 2018. Please place all entries in the Reflections bin located in the Workroom next door to the Main Office. Experienced artists will evaluate your work for interpretation of theme, creativity and technique. We look forward to celebrating your artistry and achievement in the arts! Save the date for this year’s Reflections Celebration on November 1, 2018. The Reflections Celebration will be held in the Auditorium.
Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities. See the Official Rules for details.
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs, where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. School PTAs then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round. Please review general entry rules.
State-level Award of Excellence honorees receive:
- The opportunity to showcase their artwork at the California State PTA Convention
- Prizes including an Award of Excellence medal, certificate and a $100 savings bond presented on stage at convention
- An expense-paid trip for the award-winning student and one parent/guardian to convention.
- State-level winners were recognized at the 2018 California State PTA Annual Convention. National-level Award of Excellence honorees are recognized at the National PTA Convention, plus their artworks are featured in Reflections’ popular traveling national exhibit.
Entries are due to Lowell PTA by October 15, 2018. Please submit all entry forms with the work of art to the PTA Workroom. There will be a box labeled PTA Reflections near the lock box.
Please contact [email protected], with additional questions.
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
- Film production
- Music composition
- Visual arts