Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart,
it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.
Happy November, Lowell families! In this season of thankfulness I want to take a moment to thank each of you for all you do for our Lowell community. Thanks to each person who has contributed financially to the PTA. It is only through the contributions from our Lowell community that the PTA is able to sponsor these amazing Lowell programs:
- Technology Aide Support (costs $23,000)
- Learning Garden Program ($20,800)
- Technology Hardware & Software ($19,000)
- Field Trips ($15,000)
- Teacher Supplies ($11,200)
- Family Events: Pumpkin Carving Night, Book Fair, Career Day, Authors & Illustrators Night, Pizza & Movie Night, Skate Nights, Variety Show, Dads’ Donuts & Moms’ Muffins, Science Fair, and more ($8,000)
- Jelly Time Music Program (6,800)
- Additional Books for the Library ($5,000)
- After School Playground Program ($4,900)
- Meet the Masters ($4,000)
- Playground Supplies ($3,000)
Thank you SO MUCH for supporting these vital programs for our students!
Thanks to each of our amazing parent and teacher volunteers, to our hardworking PTA executive board, PTA chairpersons, PTA committees and Lowell administrative staff, and to all of you who made the commitment to be part of our Lowell community by joining our PTA. Special thanks to our dedicated PTA Membership Chairs Jen Abe and Margaret Migliazza, to Gisella Tellem and Vida Rodriguez who chaired our Pizza and Movie Night, and to Jacinta Tancioco for arranging our spooky fun at Pumpkin Carving Night.
Looking forward, a big thank you also goes to our amazing Jog-A-Thon chairs, Amber Emigh, Fulya Paz, Becky Matta, and Lynn Lund, who have been working for months towards a fun fundraising event on November 10. Jog-A-Thon is one of the biggest fundraisers of the school year and is essential to fund our Lowell programs. If you and/or your child haven’t turned in those JAT envelopes or logged onto PledgeStar, it’s not too late … envelopes and PledgeStar donations will be accepted through November 10th!
So, thanks for giving! I look forward to seeing you at the next PTA meeting on Tuesday, November 29 at 6:30 p.m. in the Auditorium (remember, we offer FREE sitters for your school age kids). Enjoy our week long Thanksgiving Break!
See you at school,
Leeanna Izuel, PTA President