Looking forward to things is half the pleasure of them.
– L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Happy April! Do we have a lot to look forward to this month here at Lowell!
- Our Spring Fling Auction, this Friday, April 7 – a totally awesome ‘80s party at The Grand full of friends, food, fun and fundraising for Lowell technology and other classroom needs (with ‘80s icon Richard Blade from the World Famous KROQ DJing!). If you haven’t bought your tickets, hurry! You won’t want to miss this fun night!
- Our Lowell Spring Book Fair, all this week, April 3-7, in the Cafeteria – stop by with your Sea Star and check out the selection!
- Dining for Dollars at Domenico’s on Second Street, Wednesday, April 5 – a fun way to catch up with your Sea Star’s friends, and 25% of what is spent goes to Lowell!
- Parent Education with Lowell’s Dr. Brennan, April 12 in the Cafeteria – Second Grade teacher Dr. Brennan will run a workshop on helping your child learn how to learn. This is the second in our speaker series this Spring (our thanks go to Professor Yamarik for speaking at the March PTA meeting on college savings plans!).
- Spring Break, April 14 through April 23 (school starts April 24) – enjoy the special time with your family!
- Our April 25 PTA meeting – learn from a speaker from LBUSD about how the Measure E construction will affect Lowell over the next two school years.
- Earth Day, April 27 – Sea Stars will have Earth Day fun after school!
- Career Day, April 28 – your Sea Stars will learn from Lowell parents about various career options!
- Summer Camp Fair, April 30 – booths will be set up in the playground from various summer camps – browse and figure out your summer plans!
In the spirit of looking forward, I also want to congratulate and thank those committed and enthusiastic Lowell parent leaders who were elected at the March 28 PTA meeting to serve as officers for next school year. They will do a great job!
- President – Melissa Brower
- Executive Vice President – Taryn Bagwell
- Executive Secretary – Kara Camper (continuing in the position)
- Treasurer – Sandee Paige
- Financial Secretary – Holly Torpey
- Communications Chair – Michael Hale and Leeanna Izuel, as co-chairs sharing the position
- Ways and Means Chair – Tracy Kollin and Anne Smith, continuing as co-chairs sharing the position
- Room Rep Chair – Nathalie Soussan
- Membership Chair – Macy Jelinowicz and Liz Barnett, as co-chairs sharing the position
Whew! We have a lot going on here at Lowell! A huge THANK YOU to all who make these events happen and to those who were involved in the election process. It takes a village to make Lowell the great place it is!
See you at school!
2016-17 Lowell PTA President